Become a member of the largest parks and recreation professional organization in the state of Nebraska! Join today and you’re on the way to becoming a better professional and person!
2014 NeRPA Membership Form in PDF
The Nebraska Recreation and Park Association is an active non-profit organization comprised of professionals and citizens dedicated to the promotion and future of park resources and recreation in the state of Nebraska by providing educational opportunities to our members. We also act as an independent voice for the park and recreation movement at the national level.
Membership benefits are endless:
- Reduced fees to attend conferences and workshops organized to offer Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) within various interests sections
- Receive a quarterly newsletter containing valuable articles, current events and job listings
- Membership card and directory published annually
- Annual scholarships are given to students to help professional growth
- Awards program to acknowledge the very special talents of member agencies, professionals, lay persons/organizations and corporate support
- Statewide programs such as the Hershey Track Meet and Great Park Pursuit
- Low cost membership fees!!!
We are comprised of various special interest groups listed below:
Persons who are or have been employed full-time in an executive, leadership, or supportive staff capacity within a public or private agency or department of recreation, parks or leisure services.
Venders, commercial and or profit organizations who subscribe and agree to the goals of the Association.
Persons enrolled full-time in high school or college with an interest in recreation, parks, therapeutic recreation, leisure services or allied field.
Persons retired from employment in the recreation, parks or leisure services field.
Person who are employed part-time or volunteer within the recreation, parks or leisure services field or citizens who subscribe and agree to the goals of the Association.
Persons who serve in a leadership or supportive role in the area of recreation, parks or leisure services within their community. For example; Park and Recreation board members and or City Council Members. This category also includes members of Nebraska Trial Council, Nebraska Turf and Grass Association and the Nebraska Arborist Association.
Persons who have met the requirements outlined in the Association By-Laws and have been granted lifetime membership status with the Association.